ELFEC Needs Skilled Board Members
ELFEC is a charitable foundation with two program areas:
- Lutheran Planned Giving (LPG) encourages and assists people to make special gifts to their church
- Our investment program manages more than $50 million of invested assets entrusted to us by 40+ partners, including congregations, synods, schools and related organizations
Operating under a policy governance framework, our volunteer board of directors provides direction and monitoring for all of ELFEC’s activities. Their skill and experience ensure that ELFEC continues to grow as we serve the needs of our stakeholders.
If you have the desire to help ELFEC achieve its goals as a leadership volunteer, as well as one or more of the following skills, we’d like to hear from you.
- Experience as a director, especially of a charitable organization or foundation
- Knowledge of investing, particularly Responsible Investment
- Experience with public education, awareness and promotion
- Marketing public affairs or communications perspective
- Familiarity with the life and mission of the church
We may give preference to candidates whose age, gender, ethnicity, etc. adds to the diversity of the board and makes it more closely resemble the constituency served by ELFEC.
The ELFEC board currently consists of 6-9 volunteer directors. Directors are elected for a three-year term and are eligible to serve a maximum of two consecutive terms. The board usually meets five times per year. The Annual General Meeting of the corporation in April is an additional meeting that directors are asked to attend if they are able.
The only standing committee of the board is the Investment Committee, consisting of two appointed directors and three outside members. From time to time directors may be asked to serve on a board task force.
Joining Our Board
If you are interested in serving on the ELFEC board, please complete the Expression of Interest form and return it via email email@example.com. The ELFEC Nominating Committee will review all information received and may invite some candidates for a personal interview.