ELFEC and the Anglican Diocese of Ottawa are pleased to present a series of free webinars in 2021 highlighting different aspects of Planned Giving. Explore different avenues of leaving a gift (or gifts!) to the charities of your choice.
- What are some of the options for leaving a gift to a charity?
- Can I leave the proceeds of a life insurance policy to a charity?
- What is a Donor Advised Fund and how does it work?
- Can I name my church as a beneficiary on my RRSP or RRIF?
- What is a Charitable Remainder Trust?
- Who do I speak with?
Life Insurance, Annuities, proceeds from an RRSP or RRIF, Charitable Remainder Trust, Donor Advised Funds - these are all options available to people who wish to meet their philanthropic goal by leaving a gift to their local congregation, the wider church, or another charity. While each person’s situation is unique, these are some of the common ways people provide a charitable gift beyond a bequest in a Will.
After the presentation, there will be a time for people to ask questions. As well, anyone who registers will receive a recorded copy of the presentation.
Still to come in 2021: